Friday, March 13, 2015

Rejoice


It has been a sick week around here.  We have been resting up.  So just a quick post today.

***

It seemed appropriate to me that these verses were among the first I read as I sat down this afternoon as everyone else naps. 

“Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again: Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near.” 


I have been rejoicing in the Lord this week. 

In the midst of sickness, there has been so much provision: doctors with Zofran to calm Little Love’s stomach, a husband to hold my hair out of the way of the toilet multiple times in the middle of the night, family who stepped in to care for a little one so I could rest, rest, energy returned, food brought when making food was still beyond me, help offered by friends, and the capacity to care for a sick one returned home from a trip. 

I have been aware of God’s presence. 

I have found my mind wandering to the idea of how this sickness totally wiped me out physically.  As I have considered this, I found myself freshly aware that sin totally wipes me out spiritually. I am utterly unable to cope with the consequences of sin in my life.  It is in Jesus I am made new, because of his death and resurrection.  He takes that old life and leads me to a new way of living.  This is another reason I have been thankful this week! 

It looks as though it may be another long weekend and so I have been praying for His gentleness to care for my dear ones.

***

Grace and peace be ours in abundance as we rejoice in the Lord always.  Whatever life brings, may we have eyes to see the goodness of the God and sense His nearness to us as we walk through it. 

Jessica :)







No comments:

Post a Comment