Monday, August 27, 2012

Giving Thanks

I'm giving thanks to God today for...
A wonderful time away in Voyageurs National Park;
The four Newbery Medal books that entertained us our drive;
The quiet of the Northwoods;
The sound of water lapping on the lakeshore;
Bald eagles calling out and the sound of cormorant wings flapping over head;
Wild rice in the wild;
Beautiful lightning storms over the lake in the distance;
Days on the shore of Kabetogama Lake reading;
Conversations with--rangers, travelers, family and Jason;
Learning about the French-Canadian voyageurs and the lumber industry of the park;
Time with family;
Safely returning home.








Grace and peace be ours in abundance as we learn to give thanks for his goodness in all things.

Jessica :)

P.S.  These photos were taken by both Jason and I during our vacation.

2 comments:

  1. loving the photos.. a wonderful eye for beauty and words that open to see Him... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun trying to figure out how to capture the lichen with my digital camera! I played with the micro-feature, which I have used for awhile now. It worked rather well. However, I had trouble finding my night feature on the camera, so I didn't capture the lightning storm we saw. Maybe I'll figure that out for my next trip :)

    ReplyDelete