Friday, February 8, 2013

Step Forward

I would like to issue a challenge here today.

Take some time to consider where God is calling you to take a step forward in trusting Him.


This challenge might look different for you than it does for me. 

You may be invited to draw near to Him by spending time in His Word this week.

You may be challenged to wrestle by considering something you would rather dismiss because it doesn’t fit into the way you think or feel right now.

You may be asked to give something up, to try something new, or to persevere in something you are already doing.

You may be challenged to do something entirely different from these ideas.

This weekend, Jason and I are planning to take a few steps toward knowing and loving neighbors on our street.  We are going to stock a freezer with a few meals for a family who expects the arrival of their first baby in the very near future.  We are also going to follow up with a few neighbors who responded to our gift of cookies in December, by inviting them to dinner and getting the dates on the calendar.

To be honest, these things will push me beyond what I am comfortable doing.  I love people, but I feel awkward in new interactions like these.  Yet, I trust that by being obedient and walking forward in these simple ways that we will find the way to building community and sharing the love of Christ with others. 

I’d love to hear from you.  How are you stepping forward in trust?

***

Grace and peace be ours in abundance as we take steps toward trusting God.  As we do may we find that we take steps toward Him that we are transformed in ways we could not have imagined.

Jessica :)

P.S.  I will be posting something special Wednesday.  A Becoming Life will become an Ash Wednesday Prayer Space.  We will have the chance to begin the Lenten season well by pausing to converse with God using a few activities that can be as interactive as you let them be.  Grab a journal, a black marker, a couple pleasing slips of paper of your choice, and an object that is beautiful or pleasing to you.  Then come on Wednesday ready to talk with God.  I’m looking forward to it!  I hope you will be too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment