Friday, June 15, 2012

Offer Community

I’m looking forward to a visit with my dad today.

He is so changed from who he once was that I marvel at the transformation that God can do in a life.

Sure.  I catch glimpses in my own life.  Of the way He has brought freedom.  Joy.  Friendship.

But in my dad, I see the prodigal come home.

And it is so good.

I’m looking forward to talking about his last letter. 

Of speaking the truth.  Of responding in love.

I’m looking forward to watching the weight fall from his shoulders.

As he receives grace. 

He’s not known much of that in his life. 

And it has been hard for him to trust.

But he’s learning.

I’m rejoicing, because I get the chance to offer community.  If only for a few hours.

And I’m thankful for those who have taught me what that means.

Grace.  Truth.  Love.

Community.

All this, in Christ.

***

Have you experienced these things?  I pray that you have.  I pray that you will.  And I pray that you would have eyes to see the people who are hungry to know what you know... 

It is good to trust.  That love is worth the risk.

When we don't trust, we walk alone.  All the time with this craving deep inside.

Grace.  Truth.  Love.  Friendship. 

God has made us for this.  And we have the perfect example of this in Jesus, God’s Son.

 "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."  John 1:14 TNIV
Grace and peace be ours in abundance as we gather around the hurting and speak tenderly to them of the goodness of God.  May we offer community full of the grace and truth and love of God.

Jessica :)

No comments:

Post a Comment