Monday, October 8, 2012

Today is a Gift

A few weeks ago, as I was checking Facebook,  I came across a quote my brother-in-law posted. 

It captured my attention. 

“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift.  That’s why we call it the present.”
-Winnie the Pooh, by A.A. Milne

I wrote it down on a post-it note and stuck it to the sheet of glass that sits on my desk. 

Since then, I have noticed that when I sit down at my computer I look at it.  I have read it as I sit down to write or work.  I have considered it as I put something on the calendar. 

I take in Pooh Bear's wise words.  They are a good reminder of the way I want to live.

Today is a gift. 

James 1:17-18 says,Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.  He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.”

Today is a gift, God’s present to us.  Will we receive it as such?

We are His gifts, firstfruits.  Will we live as such—firstfruits, blessings to the world?


This week…

Let’s consider this and respond to God’s goodness.

***

Grace and peace be ours in abundance as we receive today as a gift, God’s present to us.  As we embrace it as such, may we find that we welcome each encounter with another person, each challenge, each moment of sheer joy, as reason to trust God and give Him thanks.  As we do, may we discover that we are first fruits, both the blessed and the blessings of God.

Jessica :)

No comments:

Post a Comment